Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Siamese and Burmese Gerbils!

I finally found a siamese and a burmese gerbil. I have been looking for these two colors of gerbils for quite some time, and I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw them for sale. These two colors are relatively new, and they are both difficult to find in Colorado. Well, now I've got them both. Two young males. They are probably close to ten weeks old. I don't plan to breed them, but I may do so around the Christmas season. I have a couple young females that are about the same age that I think would produce some nice colors (and spots!).
The siamese: The burmese:The two together:
Evil Mango trying to frighten his soon-to-be victims:Mango soon found out that the siamese had sharper teeth and that the burmese had a bigger temper, so he backed off and is now the bottom of the pile.Three happy gerbils that were not so happy for me to put them in a box.I've had them for a few weeks now, but I still haven't named them. They'll probably forever be "Siamese" and "Burmese". I also have the two young females that are unnamed.

5 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Interesting, Abbey. Perhaps you should consider studying to become a geneticist.

Steven said...

They look delicious.

Abbey said...

Dig in! Mocha and Latte!

Jowy H said...

THEY'RE SO CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!

Abbey said...

I thought surely you guys would be able to resist that one... :P I don't know, your gerbil's snoot is SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!! <--there. Now you know what it's like to have done to you. Feel like an animal fanatic now? Feel like you're a big animal rightsy person? That's how most people make me feel...and...*sniff, sniff*...it's not fair!...