Thursday, February 14, 2008

There Are Great Uses for Gerbils!

So, after resupplying my stock of gerbils yesterday, I started to realise how great they are for our environment. My room has taken on such a wonderful, earthy savour, and everything is once more in balance. Here are a just a few great things gerbils will do for you:

Have a surplus of meal worms? These little critters will keep you down to just a few.

Need a cheap paper-shredder? You got yourself one.

Need to dig a foundation for your house? Just stick several hundred of these on the case, and you'll be in business in no time.

Want less sleep? Here you go!

Tired of not being distracted from school work? I can guarantee you that they will help your problem.

Are you in the medical field and need to draw blood on occasion? I'll get you one of my meanies. "Here you go. Just hold this nice, friendly, furry gerbil for a few minutes..." I can guarantee that the kid will enjoy this kind of blood-drawing much more than the typical "force the syringe up your arm" method.

Tired of having empty space in your room? These are great for taking care of that problem.


And that's just to list a few...


Okay, it probably sounds like I hate my gerbils. Actually (as I'm sure everyone of you knows), I really do enjoy breeding my gerbils, and I try not to kill them too often. Now Ben on the other hand...

So, here are some pictures of my new little critters:


Sage sitting on The Litter

Mango (he's impossible to take of!)
Sage and Jasmine's litter (two days old) There are actually six of them, but one is hiding.



Kiwi (I'll be breeding her with Mango)


Sage, Jasmine, and Litter



And those are my new ones. Besides that, I have Oreo and Olga. :S

8 comments:

Tina the Talking Tummy said...

Your gerbils sound delicious! If you don't end up selling them, when they die you can grind up Sage and Jasmine to use as seasonings, sprinkle Oreo on a cheesecake, and make a fruit salad with Mango and Kiwi!

BTW, not only are gerbils great for making you lose sleep, but they're perfect for making sure your siblings don't get any either. >:-|

Steven said...

They're SO CUTE!
Tee hee hee!
Oh, they're just so sweet!
I want 20.

Sarcastic Sally said...

I want to sound-proof Joe's room...and then get him 20.

Ryan_Th3_K1d said...

I don't know about Gerbils but guinea pigs are hard to skin...and don't taste good...

btw we had two guinea pigs, but they were either tortured to death or were thrown to hard by siblings

Abbey said...

They'd taste great in my hamburgers, and the cheesecake and fruit salad would be nice side dishes! Great thinking! You've opened up a whole new world to me.

Well, Steve, since I know that you like gerbils like so much, I'll get you twenty. I'm sure you'll take great care of them. It may be a while for me to get enough litters, but eventually, I'll have 'em all for ya'.

Speaking of twenty gerbils, be glad you guys aren't the ones that have to sleep with that many in your room. Imagine in the middle of the night when you wake up and can't figure out which cage is making all the hullabaloo. You end up moving all of them to the living room to keep them from depriving you of any more precious sleep. Great memories...

Steven said...

Wow, that sounds like a blast..

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute, eh...

Ben&Brit said...

UL-GA! UL-GA! UL-GA! UL-GA!

We want UL-GA! We want UL-GA! We want UL-GA!

Ok, so she ain't a fat, dusty gerbil anymore thanks to Abb depriving her of her sunflower seed diet.